Reasons to attend career colleges
5 Benefits of Attending Career College Programs
We love promoting the benefits of attending our partner schools because we know how hard they work to help students train for careers. No matter what kind of career trajectory you’re on, we hope you’re making the most of your career training. For students who are still wondering if career college training is the best choice, consider this list of benefits for many students. And if you’re a current Imagine America career college scholarship student, make sure you keep up with our ever-growing trends and resources section that offers even more up-to-date information to help you succeed!
Here are five compelling reasons to consider career college training:
- Efficient timelines for completion. Many students enjoy career college programs because they can be completed in less time than four-year traditional degree tracks. If you’re a graduating high school student or a working adult, you might need to get job training ASAP. No matter what your urgency, career college training programs can be a good way to develop solid entry-level skills in many growing fields.
- Growing fields to choose from. We can’t just mention job growth and not follow up on it. Many career college programs, such as dental and medical assisting, are focused on giving students skills that open doors in expanding industries. With growth in health care estimated to grow at a rate double the national average, it’s easy to see why so many students check out career college training as their most efficient path toward a job.
- Relationships with employers. When you shop around for career training, be sure to ask what employers each school works with. Many of our career college partners have direct relationships with local employers. That’s how they help ensure students have opportunities to get a foot in the door of a new job after completing their program.
- Several start dates. A lot of career colleges offer more than a couple of start dates for students to choose from. This flexibility gives students an opportunity to move forward when the time is right for them. As a testament to their effectiveness, we’ve seen more traditional universities offer this benefit in recent years.
- Hands-on programs. The most important hiring requirement for employers is that you can do the job. Period. Most career college programs have a hands-on approach to training. Sure, there are courses that require textbooks and standard studying practices. But nothing beats putting your hands to work and applying your learning under the guidance of experienced professionals. This is where many career colleges thrive.
If you just enrolled in a career college program, congrats! We’re excited to see you move forward with your life toward a new career. Make sure you download our mobile app, so you can take advantage of all your membership benefits at the touch of a button. For students looking for career college scholarships, use our resources to narrow your search for schools and apply for up to $1,000 in scholarship money you can use toward tuition and fees at our partner schools’ programs.
Apply for scholarships using our mobile app!
IAF app delivers tools & resources perfect for students of all ages, high school counselors, career college and university college admins. Matching your school with scholarships opportunities, applying and checking application status has never been easier.
- - ADVERTISEMENT - -
- Alumni Series (1)
- Automotive (1)
- Counselor Resources (6)
- Education (29)
- Heritage Series (3)
- HVAC (3)
- Job Preparation (1)
- Medical Assistant (1)
- Millennial Student Series (3)
- News (5)
- Nursing (1)
- Research (10)
- Road Map Series (1)
- Scholarships (7)
- Social Media Series (3)
- Student Success (9)
- Study Tips (2)
- Time Managment (1)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Veteran Affairs (4)
- Welding (1)
- - ADVERTISEMENT - -