Stop 4: How Do I Pay for School?
This is a question that weighs on every student's mind, and it's one we want to help you with in every way we can. We created this Financial Planning Made Simple (FPMS) tool to help you put together an estimated budget for school. When you compare programs, you should work through a similar detailed plan with your adviser to make sure you are in the best financial position while you complete your education.
This is a tool for helping you make sound financial decisions. Since this is one of the biggest investments in your life, you need to think through every way going back to school will affect your finances.
Our FPMS tool can help you:
- Create a budget. This will help you identify needs and wants, incur as little debt as possible, and figure out how much to borrow.
- Tap into a user-friendly dashboard. Use our dashboard to separate your living expenses from your college expenses and identify ways to create savings.
- Learn how to communicate with advisers. Gain confidence as you talk through this important decision.
This tool also helps you understand the different forms of financial aid, such as:
- Loans — Federal and private loans are the most widely used options.
- Grants — These financial awards do not have to be repaid.
- Scholarships — These also do not have to be repaid. You usually have to meet specific criteria to be awarded a scholarship.
- Federal work-study — This option offers part-time employment for students with financial need.
You can even plan for scenarios to compare how you would fare in three different financial situations:
- You have no job and are living on a budget.
- You have a job and are living on a budget.
- You are responsible for school expenses only.
With the help of this option, you can truly fine-tune your calculations.
Become an IAF member and view our video today!
If you are ready to see how you can balance your finances and make a sound plan for paying for school, become an Imagine America Foundation member today to view the video.
Did you know that the Imagine America Foundation has scholarships? Take a look at the next stop to success …
NEXT STOP: IMAGINE AMERICA SCHOLARSHIPS
Now that you understand your typical options for financial aid and how to start planning, let's take a look at ways the Imagine America Foundation helps students through our scholarship opportunities.
Apply for scholarships using our mobile app!
The IAF app delivers tools and resources perfect for students of all ages — as well as high school counselors, career college administrators, and college and university administrators. Matching your school with scholarship opportunities, applying to your school and even checking your application status have never been easier.
START YOUR JOURNEY HERE
Finding your destination is easy as long as you have a reliable GPS. Navigate with IAF across our interactive map with destinations featuring career, school and scholarship options for students.NAVIGATE NOW