Imagine America Promise Scholarship Program
In 2002, the Imagine America Foundation created the Imagine America Promise scholarship program. This exciting program is the actualization of the Foundation’s promise to assist students who are currently attending participating Imagine America colleges by way of the Imagine America high school scholarship and whose exceptional grades show a strong commitment to their current program of study. The Imagine America Promise scholarship program builds upon the Foundation’s award-wining Imagine America scholarship program, for which career colleges provide the funding. However, Imagine America Promise scholarships are funded in another way – entirely from grants made by our sponsors. The Imagine America Promise scholarship provides $500 cash grants toward the student’s schooling.
To date, the Foundation has provided more than 1 million dollars in grants.
Prospective recipients must meet the following scholarship criteria:
- Student must be nominated by his/her career college – each career college campus may nominate up to 3 applicants per campus
- Student must have been a 2014 Imagine America (high school) scholarship recipient
- Student must have completed at least one term in his/her course of study
- Student's college graduation date must be after June 1, 2015
- Student must have a college cumulative 3.5 or higher GPA
- Student must currently have a 95 percent or higher attendance record
- Student must obtain a written recommendation from a faculty/administrator representative of his/her career college
- A copy of the student's transcripts must be sent with the nomination form
- All applicants must write a student statement describing why they chose their college, why they chose their program of study, and what they like best about the college they are attending. (Should be no less than 100 words and no more than 400)
- All applicants must write a student testimonial describing how receiving the Imagine America Scholarship has helped them and how the Promise Scholarship will them. (Should be no less than 100 words and no more than 400)
- Student must submit a high resolution photo of themselves (a headshot would work best and no group pictures) as a JPEG, TIFF, or GIFF file.
Imagine America Foundation responsibilities:
- The number of recipients will depend on available funds
- The Foundation will review all applications and submit the completed applications to the scholarship committee
- Notice of recipients will be listed on the website and monies will be forwarded to the school
- The Award is a onetime award, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable
- All incomplete applications will be deemed ineligible
- Award can be revoked if recipient’s current education is discontinued for any reason
The Imagine America Foundation would like to thank the following Imagine America Promise sponsors:
21st Century Workforce Fund