Financial Planning Made Simple
- What is Financial Planning Made Simple (FPMS)?
- Why is this included in the scholarship and award programs?
- What language does this come in?
- Where will this be implemented in the scholarship program?
- Do only Imagine America High School applicants have to view this?
- How will I know when the student has completed FPMS?
- What happens if I approve the student’s application, but they have not completed FPMS?
- Will I get confirmation that the student has completed the FPMS tool?
- Will this be available to all my students?
- I am having trouble viewing the Financial Planning Made Simple video tutorial, what should I do?
FPMS is an online-based tool that was created to help career college students protect their future by making responsible borrowing decisions. It consists of an 18-minute animated video tutorial with the student’s choice of two avatars to walk them through the budgeting, borrowing and repayment process. The video gives students the opportunity to calculate their own budgets by using the downloadable FPMS Student Financial Planning Tool. It allows users to visually see exactly where their money is being spent in hopes of helping students to decrease overspending and increase their savings.
Through discussion with Financial Aid representatives it was stated that many students did not understand the full impact of borrowing or how much to borrow. FPMS was created to inform students about the long term impact of borrowing and to illustrate that they should only borrow what they have to in order to attend school.
Currently the FPMS video tutorial and downloadable Student Financial Planning tool are in English.
All Imagine America applicants will apply online as they did before. On the applicants confirmation page they will be notified of the FPMS video tutorial. Additionally once a week an email reminder will go out to applicants who have not completed the FPMS video tutorial.
All Imagine America applicants must complete the FPMS video tutorial, including Imagine America High School, Military Award Program (MAP) and Adult Skills Education Program (ASEP) applicants.
The career college contact for the school will be able to log in to the “Applicant Management” page to view student’s applications. In the “Status” column it will state if the student needs to complete the FPMS video tutorial. Additionally, the career college contact will receive a confirmation email once the student has completed FPMS.
The student will be notified that their application has been accepted by the college, however the scholarship or award will not be valid until they complete the FPMS video tutorial. Applicants will not be able to download their certificate and award letter.
Career college representatives will receive a confirmation email that the student has completed the FPMS video tutorial.
Yes, if your college participates in our Scholarship and Award Programs and would like all students at your college to have access to the FPMS this is possible for a small annual fee. If your college is interested in accessing the FPMS video tutorial but is not in the Scholarship or Awards Program there is an annual fee. For more information, please contact Andrea Spisak at 314.378.2958 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To begin the process, go to www.imagine-america.org/fpms
- You will need to have Adobe Flash Player in order to view FPMS. To check if you have Adobe Flash Player visit the test site www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, this will display which version of Flash Player is installed and if it is installed correctly.
Additionally you will need to make sure that your pop-up blocker is turned off permanently for this website. If you are using Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Click on Internet Options and go to the Privacy tab. Go to the Pop-up Blocker section and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- In the Address of website to allow box, type the address (or URL) of the website you want to see pop-ups from, and then click Add.
Once you turn off the pop-up blocker, permanently for this site, you will need to refresh the page or go back to www.imagine-america.org/fpms.
- Now enter in your Application Id under the Imagine America Applicants section. Then click on “Start FPMS Simulation”.
- To begin choose an avatar. The video tutorial may start in a new pop-up window. View the tutorial in its entirety. To complete the tutorial you must click on the "Simulation Complete" button at the end of the video.
- After clicking on the "Simulation Complete" button you will receive a confirmation page. This may take a few seconds to process, please wait until the confirmation page pops-up, this maybe in a new window. If you do not receive a confirmation page, the tutorial was not completed and you will need to start over or contact us at email@example.com.