Non-Traditional Students Receive Award to Help With Education Cost
The Imagine America Foundation created the Adult Excellence Award to assist students who are attending participating Imagine America institutions through the Imagine America Adult Skills Education Program (ASEP). The Adult Excellence Award is essentially a continuation of the Foundation’s ASEP program.
Each scholarship provides $500 cash grants toward the student’s tuition balance. The Adult Excellence Award is a competitive as a result not all applicants will receive the award.
All Applications must be in before: September 15, 2014
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Student must have been an Imagine America Adult Skills Education Program (ASEP) recipient
• Student must have completed at least one term in his/her course of study
• Student’s graduation date must be after December 1, 2014
• Student must have a college cumulative 3.5 or higher GPA
• Student must currently have a 95 percent or higher attendance record
• Student must write two statements, one on their college experience and the other about the Imagine America scholarship
• Student must obtain a written recommendation from a faculty/administrator representative of his/her career college
• Student must submit a picture
• Student must submit college transcripts (these can be unofficial)
Imagine America Foundation Policy and Procedures:
• The number of recipients will depend on available funds
• Each College Campus can nominate up to 3 students
• The Foundation will review all applications and submit the completed applications to scholarship committee
• Notice of recipients will be listed on the website and monies will be forwarded to the school
• The Award is a onetime award, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable
• All incomplete applications will be deemed ineligible
• Award can be revoked if recipient’s current education is discontinued for any reason
All applications must be received by September 15, 2014.
Imagine America Foundation Announces Recipients of the Adult Excellence Award
Students attending career colleges nationwide have been awarded the 2013 Adult Excellence Award. Applicants were nominated by their college because of their exceptional academic achievements. Recipients of the Adult Excellence Award have a cumulative 3.5 or higher GPA and a 95 percent or higher attendance record. Read press release.
Congratulations to the 2013 Adult Excellence Award recipients.
List of 2011 Adult Excellence Award Recipients
The Imagine America Foundation Announces 2011 Adult Excellence Award Recipients
The Imagine America Foundation would like to thank the 21st Century Workforce Fund for making this award possible.