Effective as of October 3, 2013
Note to California Residents
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have provided personally identifiable information to us or our third party advertisers and marketing partners, if any, to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Requests should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS in the subject line. We will need your first and last name, mailing address and email address in or to process your request. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, if any, along with the names and addresses of these third parties, if any. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the requirements of Section 1798.83 and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
Personal Information We Collect
- You can visit the website of imagine-america.org without revealing any personally identifiable information. However, imagine-america.org needs certain personal information if you wish to apply for a scholarship or award, purchase a product, register to receive imagine-america.org email announcements, or use certain imagine-america.org products, services or online portals or tools. Where required, this information may include but is not limited to personal contact information and/or company contact information, age, citizenship, current level of education, previous schools attended, military enlistment, life experiences, educational interests and any other information a user provides as part of a scholarship or award application (“Personal Information”). Imagine-america.org may also get Personal Information from the high school that a student attends or the college that a user selects in order to evaluate an application and/or to provide requested services.
Non-Personally-Identifying Information We Collect
- Non-personally identifying information or “Aggregate Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person. Like most website operators, we collect Aggregate Information about a user’s activities online through the use of Google Analytics, cookies, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, click-through URLs, and domain name tracking that we store. We may use aggregate information for things such as product, service, online portal and tool improvement and general research and analytical purposes. If a user has voluntarily disclosed Personal Information to imagine-america.org, some or all of the Aggregate Information may be linked to the user’s Personal Information.
- Google Analytics. This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the site. Google Analytics does not collect any personal information. Google Analytics uses a single first-party cookie containing an anonymous identifier to distinguish users and to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. The information generated by the cookie about a user’s use of the site (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is used to create statistical reports on website activity for imagine-america.org. For more information about Google Analytics, including opt-out options visit the Google Analytics privacy page at https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. Imagine-america.org’s servers also automatically identify a user’s computer by its Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a user’s computer by a user’s Internet service provider. A user’s IP address does not identify a user by name, however, it may reveal a user’s geographic area and Internet service provider.
- Click Through URLS. Imagine-america.org may send you e-mail messages with a “click-through URL” linked to the content of the website. When you click onto one of these URLs, you will pass through our server before arriving at the destination web page. Imagine-america.org may track this click-through data to help us determine subscriber interest in the subject matter and measure the effectiveness of our subscriber communications. You can avoid being tracked simply by not clicking on any links or images in the e-mail.
- Domain Name Tracking. When you visit the website, we automatically record the name of the domain from which you accessed the website. Additionally, if you got to the website by means of a link from another site, our computers will note the fact that you came to us from that linked site.
Use of Information Collected
- Imagine-america.org will use information that we collect to reply to a user’s inquiries, to provide a user with requested services, to set up a user’s account, and to contact a user regarding products, services, online portals and tools.
- Imagine-america.org may use a user’s contact information periodically in order to send a user email regarding updates at the Imagine-america.org site, such as imagine-america.org opportunities and additional listings, and offers from our marketing partners which may be of interest. The frequency of these messages will vary depending upon a user’s profile, including the types of scholarships and other activities a user has indicated an interest in. Imagine-america.org may also use a user’s contact information periodically to send a user invitations to participate in our surveys.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Imagine-america.org does not sell, rent, or trade Personal Information to any third party in and of itself; however, Imagine-america.org may transfer Personal Information to a Party that is purchasing all or substantially all of Imagine-america.org’s assets or an entity that is a surviving entity as a result of a merger or other change of control involving Imagine-america.org. Additionally, Imagine-america.org does not disclose any Personal Information to any third party for that party’s own marketing purposes. However, imagine-america.org may share Personal Information with a high school that a student in a household attends, and/or a selected college, in order to evaluate an application and/or to provide requested services.
- Imagine-america.org may disclose Personal Information to third parties hired to perform internal business functions on our behalf, including but not limited to, providing marketing assistance, sending direct mail, email, or surveys. Imagine-america.org may also share Aggregate Information with third parties for advertising and promotional purposes.
Imagine-america.org may otherwise disclose a user’s Personal Information when:
- We have a user’s consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of imagine-america.org;
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any Personal Information to imagine-america.org. If you have provided Personal Information to imagine-america.org and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify imagine-america.org at email@example.com.
Links to Other websites
- Imagine-america.org may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of imagine-america.org websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
- This website is intended for adult use only and is not directed towards children, minors or anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian should be accessing the site and any products, services, online portals or tools on the site on your behalf.
- If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with any personally identifying information. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any personally identifying information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact our us at the address below and ask to have this personally identifying information deleted from our files. We appreciate your cooperation with this federally mandated requirement.
- Imagine-america.org protects Personal Information using various physical, technical and procedural measures. However, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your submissions to the site, any content residing on our servers, or any transmissions from our server will be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
Questions and Concerns
Imagine America Foundation
12001 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20191