LDRSHIP Award Online Application
INSTRUCTIONS - Please read before beginning application.
When completing the application you cannot complete part of the application and come back. If you do close the page before you finish or click on the back button your information will be erased and you will need to start over. Additionally, you must complete all fields on the application form. If all the fields are not completed you will be deemed ineligible. If you are a Military Award Program (MAP) recipient, please use the same email address as your MAP application.
Before you begin the LDRSHIP Award online application you will need the following:
- Attendance rate must be listed in percentage and be between 95 percent and 100 percent
- GPA must be listed using the 4.0 scale; if we receive a number that is not on the 4.0 scale you will be disqualified
- Student’s graduation date must be after June 1, 2013
- Student must provide the name of the college along with the address, city, state and zip
- Student must provide the name of the faculty member or college administrator who is recommending the student, along with their title, phone number and email address
- Student must write a statement describing why the student chose to attend college and what they like best about the college (should be no less than 100 words and no more than 400 words)
- Student must write a statement describing their experiences in the military (should be no less than 100 words and no more than 400 words)
- Student must obtain a recommendation letter from a faculty member or college administrator. This must be uploaded as a PDF or JPEG file and the max file size allowed is 5MB
- Student must upload a high resolution (300 dpi) picture (preferably in uniform and no group pictures). This must be uploaded as a JPEG, TIFF or GIFF file and the max file size allowed is 5MB
- Student must obtain a copy of transcripts as a PDF or JPEG file and the max file size allowed is 5MB
To be eligible for an additional $500 cash grant, students may submit a video testimonial.
- Video should focus on why you chose your college and how receiving the LDRSHIP Award would help you
- Video should be at least 30 seconds long and not exceed 3 minutes
- To submit a video, upload it to YouTube and enter the URL on your application or email video to email@example.com.
- File size cannot exceed 5MB
- Student must sign consent form. The signed consent form must be uploaded with the video on the application
If you do not know your email address or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.