A student came to my office and asked me to help them apply for the Imagine America high school scholarship. How do I do that?
Q: A student came to my office and asked me to help them apply for the Imagine America high school scholarship. How do I do that?
A. Good question. Try our 10-step process below. This was designed to ensure all applications are submitted successfully and processed in a timely manner.
The 10 steps of the Imagine America Scholarship Program high school application process:
Wait, I don't see my high school listed?
If the high school is not listed, the guidance counselor/scholarship coordinator will need to contact us with the following information:
Guidance counselors/scholarship coordinators can enroll their high schools by calling 202.336.6724 or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Make sure the student uses his/her own e-mail address when applying
- Have the student go to our web site www.imagine-america.org.
- Have the student click the "High School Students" tab and select "Apply."
- Have the student select his/her career college of choice.
Have the student select his/her high school.
- High school name
- High school full address
- High school phone number
- Full name of guidance counselor or contact
- Guidance counselor's/contact's e-mail address
- Have the student fill out our online application. Please verify that the correct guidance counselor is listed at the bottom of the application.
- Have the student verify all information on the application and click on "Submit."
- Make sure you and the student have a copy of the student's application ID number. This will ensure the application was submitted successfully and you can use it to check the status of the student's application at any time!
- Guidance counselors, it's your turn: Once the application has been submitted, an e-mail will be sent to the designated guidance counselor or scholarship coordinator at the high school. The guidance counselor must review and accept or deny all applications before the process can move forward. If approved, the application is sent electronically to the student's career college choice.
- Career college representatives, it's your turn: Once the application has been reviewed and accepted by the guidance counselor, the career college will then be prompted via e-mail to confirm the acceptance.
- It's the Imagine America Foundation's turn now: Once accepted by the college, the Foundation will send an Imagine America certificate to the recipient and directions on how they can claim the scholarship funds.
We hope our 10-step process is helpful to you the next time you have a student in your office asking, "How do I do that?"