Q: I am the new Imagine America contact for my campus, and I need direction on how to approve or disapprove student applications. Can you please explain the application approval process in more detail?
A: That is an excellent question! Whenever a student applies to your school, an email notice will be sent to our registered college contact. That contact person will be provided with a user ID, a password and guidelines for logging into our web site to review and either approve or disapprove student applications. The Foundation asks that you review applications regularly throughout the year so that students can be notified in a timely manner of their Imagine America application status. Please follow the steps below to review your pending student applications.
- Go to www.imagine-america.org.
- Click on “Education Scholarships” in the left side navigation of the homepage.
- Click on “Career Colleges” in the left side navigation of the second page.
- A drop down menu will appear at the right. Click on “Process Student Applications and Award Reports.”
- Click on “Process Applications.”
- This will take you to the Foundation’s Application Management Database. Once you have been directed to this page, you will need to enter your username and password for the application management login. Your username is your email address, and your password will be included in the email notification that you receive stating that there are pending applications. If you can’t find the email with your password listed, please contact a Foundation representative so that they can provide it to you.
- Once you have logged in, the application management page will come up with all applicants who are waiting for your approval or disapproval. At the right of each applicant’s name there is a box titled “Approval Status.” Click on the dropdown menu and choose “Approve” or “Disapprove.” Once you have set this to approve or disapprove, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Update All Changes.” After approving or disapproving an applicant, a confirmation email will be sent to you for your records.
- You may also set all to approve or disapprove at the top of the application management page instead of deciding individually.
- After you have made your decision on the applicants, they will be removed from your application management page, and the students will receive an email from the Foundation on their application status. If the student has been approved by your college, then they will receive information in their email on how to download their certificate and award letter stating that they were awarded the Imagine America scholarship to attend your school.
If you would like a tutorial on the process, please contact Cheri Rudd at email@example.com or 314.304.1179.